Health Minister says Queensland has avoided widespread COVID-19 outbreak after border breaches. Aged care facilities to reopen.

TESTING: A long queue for testing at Parklands Christian College, Park Ridge in late July.

TESTING: A long queue for testing at Parklands Christian College, Park Ridge in late July.

QUEENSLAND'S Health Minister says Logan has avoided a widespread COVID-19 outbreak after three women returned from Melbourne late last month.

Despite Australia experiencing its most deadly weekend yet due to COVID-19, Queensland recorded just one new case, an overseas traveller who is in hotel quarantine.

After what has been described as a positive weekend for Queensland, tough restrictions barring visitors from south-east aged care facilities have been lifted.

The venues will be reopened, except Bolton Clarke aged care facility at Pinjarra Hills, where a worker tested positive.

The case was traced back to one of the three women who returned from Melbourne.

Last Friday marked day 200 since Queensland's first COVID-19 case.

In that time, Logan has seen 49 cases, 16 of which were locally-acquired.

Health Minister Steven Miles said it had been a very positive weekend for Queensland but the risks were still very real.

"We've avoided the risks of a widespread outbreak from those returning cases from Melbourne," he said.

"The risks here still real and they are close to home."

Last week, mayor Darren Power and chief health officer Jeanette Young commended Logan residents on their response to the cases in the community.

It came after residents flocked to testing centres, including one at Logan's Parklands Christian College, in the wake of the news that women who returned from Melbourne had been out in the community with symptoms for eight days.

Today, Dr Young again praised people who were continuing to get tested.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the positive news of Queensland's case numbers would be a confidence boost for residents and would encourage them to support local businesses on the Ekka long weekend.

Mr Miles reminded residents of the importance of providing correct contact details at venues like cafes and restaurants, for contact tracing purposes.

Dr Young said the most northern COVID-19 cases in New South Wales were at Newcastle and Queensland Health was keeping a close eye on them.

It comes as two teenagers have been taken into police custody at Noosa after arriving from Sydney before the borders closed on the weekend.

Police Superintendent Craig Hawkins said there was no information to suggest they had COVID-19.

They will undergo testing.