Jimboomba Redbacks held to a draw by Beenleigh Buffaloes, 3-3-21 apiece at Glenlogan Park

Great display: Emily Dunn in action for Jimboomba Redbacks on the weekend. They had a draw with Beenleigh Buffaloes on Friday.

Great display: Emily Dunn in action for Jimboomba Redbacks on the weekend. They had a draw with Beenleigh Buffaloes on Friday.

Jimboomba Redbacks' senior women's team fought for a draw against Beenleigh Buffalos on Friday to stay on top of the ladder in the Queensland Football Association.

The women fought back from a three-goal deficit at three quarter time for the 3-3-21 draw at Glenlogan Park.

Jaime-Lea Ellis booted two goals for the Redbacks and Emily Dunn scored one in wet conditions.

Coach Steve Alford said Phoebe Balmforth was a standout in the ruck, and Emily Dunn was the player of the match.

Sherwood took the honours on Friday night in the top of the table clash in the men's competition.

Julian Mandahl kicked two goals for Jimboomba in the 7-8-50 to 6-3-39 loss.

Singles went to Zac Briggs, Travis Duff, Michael Walker and Jacob Guise.

The under 12s bounced back from last weekend's loss in a huge way against Springfield.

The Redbacks triumphed 12-7-79 to 0-1-1 in a wet match.

Kaden Griffiths booted five goals and Cooper Motum and Bryson Winkles two.

Caleb HIll, Corey Young and Aston Lyons kicked goals in the win.

"During the week we focused on three areas we wanted to improve on from the week before," coach Michael Young said.

"Decision making, accountability, and everyone putting in.

"In very wet and boggy conditions the boys played great team football with all players doing their part across the field.

"The effort and intensity was a massive improvement on last week and with a good win.

"it should be a huge confidence boost for the team."

Young said Aston Lyons was outstanding.

"He was terrific in and under in the midfield all game, winning just about every clearance, and showed great confidence and poise under pressure," he said.

The under 14s also had a great win at Kedron on Saturday.

After plenty of overnight rain, the Redbacks handled the damp conditions better to win 7-5-47 to 4-5-29.

"The Kenmore Bears scored three goals to two in the second half, and by kicking the last two goals of the game, made the score more respectable than it should have been," coach Geno Shuttleworth said.

"With Owen Maguire injured in the second quarter, the smaller on ballers stepped up, with Kobie Cunningham belying his tiny stature to take out much bigger opponents, and Jye Hogben going hard at the ball all the way.

"Skipper Billy O'Neill, as well as Jarrett Wilson and Seth Dickerson, were strong at rebound footy."

The team heads into a bye next weekend.

The under 16s lost 7-4-46 to 2-3-15 to Beenleigh.