Lightning and thunder are once again over Beaudesert as the Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the area.
BOM forecaster Rosa Hoff said the storm was moving to the south of Beaudesert.
"It could produce damaging winds, heavy rain and potentially even large hailstones," she said.
"Often these types of thunderstorms don't last more than an hour or so but it's important news."
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters.
- If it's flooded, forget it.* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.*
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.