When it comes to your vehicle's tyres, safety is paramount.
Did you know that there is only eight millimetres of rubber between the road and your vehicle and this small gap can be so easily overlooked.
And the part of your tyre that is actually in contact with the road is only about the size of a man's hand.
Your safety, comfort and fuel economy depends greatly on that very small surface.
It is extremely important because your tyres:
- Are the only link between you and the road
- Carry the entire weight of your car, a load of up to 50 times their own weight
- Respond to driving inputs such as steering, acceleration and braking from the car to the road
- The tread disperses water from underneath your tyre helping you to maintain control
Air pressure should be checked regularly when the tyre is cold and using a gauge known to be accurate.
The 'air' in the tyre carries the load - not the carcass of the tyre.
Both 'under' and 'over' inflation will cause irregular wear to the tread of the tyre.
The correct pressure for your vehicle can be found on the compliance plate for standard and under load applications - or call into our tyre store and we will be happy to assist you.
Insufficient tread (less than 1.5mm):
- Is illegal
- Will allow slippage under braking and cornering
- Reduces wet weather handling
- Can cause tyre blow outs
At Beaudesert Tyre Store we supply and fit tyres for all vehicles with price ranges to suit all budgets.
Beaudesert Tyre Store is a locally owned and operated and has serviced the Beaudesert area for the past 24 years.
It supplies quality branded products at competitive prices and a great customer service you can count on again and again.
Come on in and have your tyres inspected free of charge before you go away on holiday and drive safe this Easter.
Follow the Beaudesert Tyre Store motto. Best drive = you drive, we care! www.beaudeserttyrestore.com.au.