TRANSPORT inspectors will be out in force on south-east Queensland roads tomorrow ahead of the school holidays.
The Transport and Main Roads Department is launching Operation Safe Vehicle - Holiday from March 16 to 24.
Director-General Neil Scales said inspectors would conduct roadside safety checks of private vehicles as part of the blitz.
"We run these operations four times a year, generally in the lead up to school holidays when many people are considering travelling on our road network," he said.
"This operation is about reducing mechanical-related crashes by making drivers aware of any safety concerns with their vehicle they can address before travelling."
A department spokesperson confirmed the state-wide operation would be conducted across the Logan, Scenic Rim and Redlands regions.
"However, locations are not disclosed to ensure the operation is effective…" the spokesperson said.
Mr Scales said over 5500 vehicles were inspected last year.
"This operation provides an invaluable opportunity for our transport inspectors to educate drivers about vehicle safety," he said.
"They will ensure vehicles are compliant with safety standards, focusing on windscreens, lights, tyres, brakes, steering and suspension.
"Road safety is everyone's responsibility and performing regular safety checks is the best, and often cheapest way to maintain a safe vehicle."