UPDATED: 12.00pm: A MAN is being treated for a chemical burn after an incident at a Logan Reserve school.
Firefighters were called to Logan Reserve State School about 7.30am after reports of some sort of explosion, a spokeswoman said.
She said nothing was apparent when crews arrived but paramedics were treating a patient.
A Queensland Ambulance Service spokeswoman confirmed a man was treated after a chemical spill.
Two QFS crews attended, and a small chemical spill was cleaned from the floor.
The man – a plumber – had been clearing a blockage from a drain in one of the school's bathrooms with solvent acid when it overflowed "back into his face" about 7.30am, a workplace health and safety officer said.
Police confirmed there had been no explosion at the school, despite earlier reports.
The man was treated for facial burns and taken to Logan Hospital.
Fire crews hosed down the bathroom and conducted atmospheric monitoring, before declaring the area safe.
- with Brisbane Times
- Read more: Boy missing from Munruben